Here you will find lots of information about events in Ferragudo, in western Algarve, Portugal! See when and where the markets are in and around Ferragudo, what great annual events take place and when the Algarve bank holidays are so you don't miss out on something or, on a practical note, get caught out by the supermarkets closing.
If you are a motorsport fan, Ferragudo is in a great location for visiting the Internacional Autódromo do Algarve race track in Portimão, which has a fantastic programme of motor sports events throughtout the year (and the ocassional big music event too)!
During the summer months there is a regular programme of entertainment in Ferragudo centre in the evenings and plenty of cafes and restaurants around the square to enjoy some refreshment at the same time!
Algarve Summer Events 2016
Some not-to-be-missed Algarve Summer '16 events!
- Portimão Sardine Festival - "Festival da Sardinha" 3rd - 7th August 2016 - western Algarve: Taking place at Parque de Feiras e Exposições de Portimão this fantastic 5 day food festival is not-to-be-missed! Not only are there bucket loads of the Algarve's finest and freshest sardines, but there's music and entertainment well into the night too!
- FIESA 2016 – 14th Edition of the International Sand Sculpture Festival in Pêra, Algarve: FIESA is the largest sand sculpture exhibition ever built, attracting thousands of visitors every year. This year the theme is music and as always the sand is hand-carved by sculptors from around the world using 40,000 tonnes of sand, covering 15,000m², with some sculptures reaching 12 metres in height! Entrance costs 9€ for adults 4.50€ for kids from 6 to 12 years (up to 5 years get in free) and there’s a 15% discount for over 65s. For more information visit FIESA International Sand Sculpture Festival.
- "Verão em Tavira 2016" - Summer in Tavira - July to September: Eastern Algarve's Tavira celebrates summer in style with a programme packed full of cultural events, fairs, festivals and nightly entertainment! Events takes place in different venues around the town and the tourist information office in Praça da República has all the details about what's going on and there's also latest news on the Camara Municipal de Tavira Facebook page.
- "Festa da Ria Formosa" - Seafood festival in Faro 28th July to 7th August 2016: Enjoy the best seafood from the Ria Formosa (along with other regional specialities) and in true Algarve food festival style, there's a whole lot of entertainment too! The event's being held at Largo de São Francisco square and it's free to get in!
- Portuguese Summer Festivals - Portugal has some incredible music festivals to look forward to this summer! The programme features MEO Sudoeste (3rd - 7th August 2016), the closest festival to the Algarve in Zambujeira do Mar on the Alentejo coast - 5 days of partying, covering one of the biggest range of music styles, from reggae to rock, electronic to Fado!
- Olhão Seafood Festival - "Festival do Marisco" 9th - 14th August 2016 - eastern Algarve: Local seafood at it's finest and a side order of Algarvian style food festival partying to go with it! One of our most famous Algarve events and one of the biggest in Europe attracting over 60,000 people. Hosted at the Jardim Pescador Olhanense, Olhão with the most fitting of views over the Ria Formosa nature reserve, the festival takes place from 7.30pm until 1.30am and tickets cost just €9 for adults, €4 for children 7-12 yrs (free entry for 6yrs and under). Tickets can be purchased at the Festival Box Office on arrival any evening from 6.30pm.
- Silves Medieval Fair - "Feira Medieval de Silves" 12th - 21st August 2016 - central Algarve: What was once the capital of the Algarve during the Arab occupation is today the most historic town in the region and home to the Algarve's biggest castle and this is what makes Silves the perfect host for one of our most spectacular Algarve events! Taking visitors back to when Moors and Christians lived in the Middle Ages, the cobbled streets leading up to the castle become a medieval market place; trestle tables and hay bales are laid out next to the barbecues and spit roasts in the "dining" area and musicians, jugglers, acrobats, dancers, snake charmers and jousters entertain us whilst merchants and artisans sell their wares. The fair opens at 6pm until 1am and costs just 2€ per person.
- 3rd Stage of the Rota do Petisco 2016 – 9th September to 9th October: Enjoy an odyssey of flavours from the Algarve as the third and final stage of our famous gastronomic tasting trail taking place in Portimão. It’s just 3€ for a "pestisco" dish and a drink and you can check out Rota do Pestisco for participating bars and restaurants.
For more information about what's going on this month check out the Algarve July 2016 Events Guide and also pop into any tourist information office when you arrive to make sure you don't miss out on something!