Here you will find lots of information about events in Ferragudo, in western Algarve, Portugal! See when and where the markets are in and around Ferragudo, what great annual events take place and when the Algarve bank holidays are so you don't miss out on something or, on a practical note, get caught out by the supermarkets closing.
If you are a motorsport fan, Ferragudo is in a great location for visiting the Internacional Autódromo do Algarve race track in Portimão, which has a fantastic programme of motor sports events throughtout the year (and the ocassional big music event too)!
During the summer months there is a regular programme of entertainment in Ferragudo centre in the evenings and plenty of cafes and restaurants around the square to enjoy some refreshment at the same time!
Algarve Events December 2016
Well here we go folks, the festive season is upon us and we’ve got some fantastic December Algarve events to get us in the spirit and the grand finale of New Year’s Eve will be sure to go off with a bang!
Here are just a few calendar highlights, but rest assured, there’s a whole load of festive cheer to enjoy, with Christmas markets, fairs and concerts as well as lights, decorations and merriment across the Algarve!
For more information about Christmas and New Year in the Algarve check out the Visit Algarve December 2016 Events Guide and pop into any tourist information office to make sure you don’t miss out on something!
* For Christmas events in Ferragudo keep an eye on the Freguesia de Ferragudo Facebook page!
- Algarve Christmas Markets: There’s nothing that brings festive cheer better than our Algarve Christmas markets and they are the best places for buying decorations, presents and traditional produce!
- Faro Christmas Special Handicraft Fair (3, 4 11, 17 and 18th December)
- Vila Vita, Lagoa (3, 4, 10, 11, 17 and 18th December)
- Lagos Artesanato handicraft market (1-31st December)
- São Brás de Alportel handicraft showcase (3, 4, 10, 17, 24 and 31st December)
- São Bartolomeu de Messines 1st Christmas Fair (10-11th December)
- Disney in Concert – Magical Music From Movies at Portimão Arena 10th December ’16: Lisbon Film Orchestra once again promises a fabulous night for the whole family to enjoy, with performances of the most famous of the Disney songs by 55 musicians and 4 singers. There will songs from the Lion King, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin and many more! Tickets cost from 12.50€ for the Stalls and up to 27.50€ for the Seats and can be purchased from the Arena, Teatro Municipal de Portimão (Portimão Theatre) or from participating shops such as FNAC and Worten.
- Natalândia at Zoo Lagos: Christmas in the Algarve isn’t complete without a trip to “Christmas Land” at Zoo Lagos! From the 10th to 31st December ’16 the zoo will be decked out in full festive glory and there will be reindeer, elves and of course, the man himself, Father Christmas! The kids will absolute love it and us big kids too! For more information check out the Zoo Lagos Facebook page
- “Aldeia Natal” - Christmas Villages in Monte Gordo and Vila Real de Santo António: Enjoy the magic of Christmas in Monte Gordo (in front of the casino) from 1st to 31st December and Vila Real in the square “Praça Marquês de Pombal” until 8th January ’17. As well as decorations, stalls, food and entertainment, Father Christmas will be there and Vila Real will have a skating rink too!
- Giant Nativity Scene of Vila Real de Santo António: This is one of eastern Algarve’s not-to-be-missed Christmas exhibitions with over 4,000 figurines making up the fantastic nativity scene in the António Aleixo Cultural Centre. It is open every day between 3rd December to 8th January 2017 (except New Year’s Day) from 10am-1pm and 2-7pm and costs just 0.50€ to get in.
- New Year’s Eve! Without a doubt the biggest event in the Algarve events calendar with DJ’s, parties, special menus and midnight fireworks across the region. Monte Gordo hosts the longest of the parties, spanning 3-4 days along the seafront and Albufeira is notably the most famous! There will be parties and entertainment across the Albufeira municipality with the hotspot being Fishermen’s Beach “Praia dos Pescadores” with performances from AUREA and D.A.M.A! There’s also the “Star Parade” at Praia da Oura (Avenida Sá Carneiro) and the Paderne Medieval Festival 29th December to 1st January 2017. Western Algarve’s Lagos will be welcoming in the New Year with music from “Xutos e Pontapés”, one of Portugal’s best bands! The concert starts at 10.30am in Praça Infante Dom Henrique (Dom Henrique Square) and entry is free.
- 365 Algarve cultural programme – October 2016 to May 2017: For more music, dance, theatre, exhibitions and cultural events check out 365 Algarve - Every Day Counts - Facebook, organised by Turismo de Portugal.