Here you will find lots of information about events in Ferragudo, in western Algarve, Portugal! See when and where the markets are in and around Ferragudo, what great annual events take place and when the Algarve bank holidays are so you don't miss out on something or, on a practical note, get caught out by the supermarkets closing.
If you are a motorsport fan, Ferragudo is in a great location for visiting the Internacional Autódromo do Algarve race track in Portimão, which has a fantastic programme of motor sports events throughtout the year (and the ocassional big music event too)!
During the summer months there is a regular programme of entertainment in Ferragudo centre in the evenings and plenty of cafes and restaurants around the square to enjoy some refreshment at the same time!
Algarve Events December 2015
December events in the Algarve are obviously all about Christmas and New Year and the festive season is not-to-be-missed! We’ve got Christmas concerts, festivals and fairs galore plus New Year celebrations that are going off with a massive bang and some serious partying!
To kick off the month in style, the Harlem Gospel Choir – world acclaimed gospel choir who have performed with stars across the world - are going to be in Faro’s Figuras Theatre 4th December! There are Christmas markets and fairs in Albufeira, Alte, Tavira, Aljezur, São Brás de Alportel, Ferragudo and Vila Real de Santo António (famous for its giant nativity scene and month long Christmas Village).
Christmas Day may be a traditional and relaxed family affair with “Bacalhau” (cod fish) dishes aplenty but the folks of Armação de Pêra will also be taking to the sea for a festive charity dip!
New Year celebrations in the Algarve are nothing short of amazing…and trust us, Portugal knows how to party! The biggest party by far is in eastern Algarve’s Monte Gordo, going 3 days strong, and some of the other New Year highlights include:
- Albufeira - parties, entrainment & midnight fireworks at the famous Fisherman’s Beach, “Praia dos Pescadores” and Oura. Anselmo Ralph, one of the greatest artists on the Portuguese music scene will perform at Fisherman’s beach!
- Arade Music Fest in Lagoa – The best dance music from the 70s, 80s, 90s and 2000.
- Faro – the capital city celebrates with concerts, fireworks and DJ’s in the Manuel Biver Garden.
- Lagos –Expensive Soul, one of Portugal’s best bands, is on hand to ensure a phenomenal start to 2016!
- Our Algarve Casino’s in Vilamoura, Praia da Rocha and Monte Gordo are also laying on fantastic New Year entertainment with overnight packages so guests can eat, drink and be merry!
For more about Christmas and New Year check out the Visit Algarve December Events 2015 brochure!