Here you will find lots of information about events in Ferragudo, in western Algarve, Portugal! See when and where the markets are in and around Ferragudo, what great annual events take place and when the Algarve bank holidays are so you don't miss out on something or, on a practical note, get caught out by the supermarkets closing.
If you are a motorsport fan, Ferragudo is in a great location for visiting the Internacional Autódromo do Algarve race track in Portimão, which has a fantastic programme of motor sports events throughtout the year (and the ocassional big music event too)!
During the summer months there is a regular programme of entertainment in Ferragudo centre in the evenings and plenty of cafes and restaurants around the square to enjoy some refreshment at the same time!
Algarve Events June 2016
Summer is here and we've got some fantastic June 2016 Algarve Events that are not-to-be-missed!!!
- International Algarve Fair - 4th & 5th June in Lagoa central Algarve: The International Algarve Fair is the largest annual event for the expat community in Portugal, bringing thousands together for a couple of fun packed days! There are masses of stands and exhibitions, an arena for entertainment and restaurants plus a Kids Fun Zone and the super cute Dog Show. This 11th edition of the fair opens from 11am to 7pm both days at the FATACIL Showground, Lagoa.
- 2nd Stage of the Rota do Petisco – Until 26th June in Monchique, Silves and Lagoa: Enjoy an odyssey of flavours from the Algarve as the second stage of our famous gastronomic tasting trail taking place in Monchique, Silves and Lagoa (incl. Carvoeiro, Ferragudo and Estômbar). It’s just 3€ for a "pestisco" dish and a drink and you can check out Rota do Pestisco for participating bars and restaurants.
- Festival Med '16 - World Music Festival - 30th June to 2nd July in Loulé, central Algarve: 75 hours of music - 55 concerts - 8 stages – 1 city! Hosted in Loulé historical centre, Festival Med celebrates music, dance, performances, crafts and cuisine from around the world. This famous multi-cultural Algarve event is definitely one for the holiday agenda and doors open at 7pm with celebrations carrying on into the wee hours! For more information visit the Festival Med site (only in Portuguese) and get the latest news and updates from the Festival Med Facebook Page.
- FIESA 2016 – 14th Edition of the International Sand Sculpture Festival in Pêra, Algarve: FIESA is the largest sand sculpture exhibition ever built, attracting thousands of visitors every year. This year the theme is music and as always the sand is hand-carved by sculptors from around the world using 40,000 tonnes of sand, covering 15,000m², with some sculptures reaching 12 metres in height! Entrance costs 9€ for adults 4.50€ for kids from 6 to 12 years (up to 5 years get in free) and there’s a 15% discount for over 65s. For more information visit FIESA International Sand Sculpture Festival.
- Lagoa Jazz Fest – 24th, 25th and 26th June at Estômbar, Lagoa, central Algarve: Calling all Jazz fans!!! This incredible music event is spread across 3 days and as the 12th edition it is certain to showcase the very best and pure diversity of Jazz music yet again! Doors opening at 7pm and concerts starting at 10pm. For more information visit the Lagoa Jazz Fest site and the Lagoa Jazz Fest Facebook page and tickets can be booked online at Ticketline/Lagos Jazz Fest.