Here you will find lots of information about events in Ferragudo, in western Algarve, Portugal! See when and where the markets are in and around Ferragudo, what great annual events take place and when the Algarve bank holidays are so you don't miss out on something or, on a practical note, get caught out by the supermarkets closing.
If you are a motorsport fan, Ferragudo is in a great location for visiting the Internacional Autódromo do Algarve race track in Portimão, which has a fantastic programme of motor sports events throughtout the year (and the ocassional big music event too)!
During the summer months there is a regular programme of entertainment in Ferragudo centre in the evenings and plenty of cafes and restaurants around the square to enjoy some refreshment at the same time!
Algarve Events October 2016
Our October Algarve events calendar is packed with fun things to do and see and we'll be celebrating Republic Day with a bank holiday and getting the world's attention with our Portugal Masters golf tournament!
Here are a few of the events highlights and for more check out the Visit Algarve October Events Guide and pop into any tourist information office when you arrive to make sure you don't miss out on something!
- Portugal Masters – Vilamoura, central Algarve – 20th to 23rd October '16: As always the best European golfers will compete in this world famous competition and spectators will flood in and switch on from around the world too! For more information visit the Portugal Masters!
- Republic Day – “Implantação da República” – 5th October '16: 5th October is a bank holiday in Portugal to celebrate becoming a republic back in 1910. “Dia da República” as it’s also called will see commemorative events across the country as well as meaning a day off for lots of locals; although most restaurants, bars and supermarkets will still be open.
- 3rd Stage of the Rota do Petisco 2016 – Portimão, western Algarve – 9th September to 9th October '16: Enjoy an odyssey of flavours from the Algarve as the third and final stage of our famous gastronomic tasting trail taking place in Portimão. It’s just 3€ for a "pestisco" dish and a drink and you can check out Rota do Pestisco for participating bars and restaurants.
- 7th Sagres Birdwatching and Nature Activities Festival – Sagres, western Algarve – 30th September to 5th October '16: A wonderful programme to observe the migration of birds across our Portugal coast, with a host of fantastic activities such as bird ringing, field trips, boat trips, diving, stand up paddle and kids activities. For more visit Birdwatching Festival Sagres!
- Lynx Trail – “Trail do Lince” – Silves and Monchique – 8th October '16: The only event which provides the opportunity to help preserve the Iberian Lynx and follow its path. For more information and registration visit Trail do Lince.
- Lagos Municipal Holiday – "Dia do Município" – October 27th '16: Western Algarve’s Lagos celebrates its Municipal holiday October 27th and the parishes of Lagos town, Bensafrim, Barão de São João and Luz will have various cultural and sports events going on.
- FIESA 2016 – 14th Edition of the International Sand Sculpture Festival in Pêra, central Algarve – Until 30th October: FIESA is the largest sand sculpture exhibition ever built, attracting thousands of visitors every year. This year the theme is music and as always the sand is hand-carved by sculptors from around the world using 40,000 tonnes of sand, covering 15,000m², with some sculptures reaching 12 metres in height! Entrance costs 9€ for adults 4.50€ for kids from 6 to 12 years (up to 5 years get in free) and there’s a 15% discount for over 65s. For more information visit FIESA International Sand Sculpture Festival.
- 365 Algarve cultural programme – October 2016 to May 2017: In addition to the traditional range of tourist activities there is now a cultural programme packed full of music, dance, theatre, exhibitions, activities involving the region’s heritage and much more! The first edition of this fabulous Algarve events programme takes places October 2016 to May 2017 with events staged across the region. For more information visit 365 Algarve - Every Day Counts - Facebook!
- BLIP - Better Living in Portugal – Portimão Arena – 8th and 9th October: One of the biggest annual service fairs aimed at expats living in Portugal, showcasing some of the best services and business opportunities in Portugal. As well as the exhibitors there are handicrafts, refreshment stalls and it’s a great day out for all. Entry is free and for more info visit Better Living in Portugal.
- Halloween: There’s always lots of Halloween festivities across the Algarve, with kids trick-or-treating and adults dressing up for bar nights and parties. There are also great events in places like Alte, for which Halloween celebrations have become a tradition and there’s Halloween FunDay at Portimão Arena (10am – 7pm; 10-15€ entry with a Children’s Area, Fun Area and Radical Spot) and the 4th Halloween Night Walk in Castro Marim on the 29th October is nothing short of wicked!